It’s summer! Don’t get me wrong, I love summer …but unfortunately our air condition stopped working last night and with 40°C outside our apartment is warming up *phew*. Time for a cold treat!
I’ve experimented a little with jello and my new pink silicon ice cube mold today morning and the result is a batch of oh so cold and summery jello ice cube treats! Actually, I just wanted to make jelly stars, but the frozen treats are so much better! They are chewy gooey cold and just feel like summer with a touch of jelly. And they are so easy to make!
So here is what I did:
- 1 pack of jello – pineapple flavor
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 silicon mold – star shape
- Boil the water
- Add it to the jello powder and stir until the powder is dissolved. (I didn’t add another cup of cold water, because I intended to get quite strong jelly stars / cubes)
- Pour the jello into the silicon mold (don’t make the stars too thin as they might brake if you take them out later – 1 cm is perfect!)
- I’ve put my stars in the fridge at first until the jello set and then into the freezer.
This is a great way to make shaped jello, because it is really easy to get the frozen shape cubes out of the silicon mold – just place them on a plate and unfreeze slowly if you want to make jello decoration for cakes and desserts.
OR…(and that’s my preferred way…) …just eat them frozen as they are.
Enjoy your summer!